BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chipmunk!

I was dropped off by my brother on Sunday after a wonderful Easter weekend only to be told there's this animal of some sort living in my garage. AN ANIMAL! I say, well of course there's an animal living in the garage! There's mice, a mole, and now a Chipmunk. I real live chipmunk.

I didn't believe this! No way is there that many animals creating their own little habitats in the garage. No way. Then I thought about it....

We have dog food, a nice warm motor from our freezer, a water dish for the dog, and very often recyclables. This would and has created a wonderful habitat for these animals.

Now, I've seen the mole before. I thought it was a rat, but then it came out one afternoon and started running into things to escape the sound of my voice and also knocking a hole in the wall with my foot may have also scared him. A mole. Just a regular ol' mole living in the garage.

Yesterday though! I was in the garage and all of a sudden a little cute chipmunk looked out from his hiding spot, I may have said a few choice words to him and he scattered out through the hole by the garage door. YIKES!

This little animals are thinking it's okay to raise a family in the garage, because she was a fat chipmunk. Or she just stuffed herself full of food! Seriously though it was the fattest chipmunk I've ever seen in my life! HUGE! Not mutant big, but big enough that it looked pregnant or just stuffed full of who knows what!

All though we have these critters in our garage I have no fear of them. For we have a SUPER DOG! Super dog is out 75 pound Golden Lab, Cody Bear! He's a wonderful dog with us and the children, but have fear critters our dog is a pure-bred-critter-killing-machine. Yes, he will.

Key word 'watch'em' is what we use for the magical critter seek & find to turn on. Now, no he's not like a crazy mad dog that attacks on free will, for he is a sweet dog that knows to protect his family and also to dispose of the critters that live in the garage.

So, the story goes something like this: I see chipmunk. I tell Cody to 'watch'em'. Cody goes out to the garage and sniffs & attempts to seek out this little critter, along with any other critter who is attempting to fort up in the garage.

The twist? My son, Kayden, would like to join this little get together and be a part of all the fun. No! I must come up with something that way Kayden does not know what is going on in the garage.

Mom: Kayden, you may not go into the garage!
Kayden: Why not?
Mom: Because Cody is having a party with the animals. And only animals may go out there right now.
Kayden: Why not?
Mom: Kayden you are not an animal. Cody is playing his favorite game! Get'em in the mouth as fast as you can. Are you animal that can play that game?
Kayden: Cayman elephant. I go out now.

This is the true and real explantion I gave him. I'm not going to tell my two year old son that Cody is out there being our exterminator of critters making home in our garage. I couldn't tell him that; Kayden would want to keep them as his pets.

So, Kayden gets over the fact that he may not go outside and sits down to play and be naughty, which I would rather prefer than watching his dog be a little killing critter machine.

A half an hour later I let Cody in from the garage. He has nothing in his mouth, I see nothing. This is either because he left the critter by the garage door, which is blocked by the Harley (another story) or because Cody was a complete failure.

I have not gone to check and I'm little worried that one of those critters will get me.

0 comments: